Allium Christophii Bulbs
( / )
- ZONEPerennial, zones 3-9
- SHIPPINGBeginning in fall
- INCLUDES12 bulbs in a cloth bag, with a wooden plant marker
- Common NameStar of Persia
12 Bulbs: Allium Christophii creates a few enormous 10" diameter blooms in a dusty purple color. The blooms can be left in place for a year-round statement in the garden or cut for dried bouquets.
- HEIGHT 12-24"
- SPACING 1-3" between bulbs
- LIGHT Full sun or part-shade
- DEERDeer resistant
- DIFFICULTYSuper easy to grow
- CLIMATEDoes not need cold weather to grow
- WATEROnly needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulbs in, pointy side up, about 6" deep (roughly 3 times the size of the bulbs) and about 9" apart. Now fill in the soil, give it a few solid pats so it compresses around the bulbs, then give it a long drink of water. Mark that pot or spot with your wooden plant marker so you know where your Allium live now. Wait for spring.
Where to Plant
When to Plant
If planting in a cold region, plant in the Fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time. If planting in a warm region, (zones 9 and warmer), plant when it's coldest during winter.
When to Expect Blooms
Water when soil is dry, once leaves appear.
If planting in a container, be sure the pot has ample drainage. Fill the bottom 2-3" of the pot with pebbles to prevent clogging. Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back.