Aster Mix Seed Bundle
( / )
Asters are annual plants that produce armloads of large flashy blooms from mid-Summer - frost. They make great cut flowers for bouquets with a long vase life and strong stems.
Includes three types of Aster seed tubes, 75 seeds total, individually packed in a little cotton bag
- HEIGHT1-4ft when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 seed tubes packed into a cotton bag, Matsumoto White Tipped Blue, Valkyrie Pink, and Tower Chamois Apricot Asters
- Botanical Name Asteraceae
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- CLIMATE Prefers temperate environments
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space seeds 2" apart, thin plants to about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-Summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Asters are sensitive to frost, wait until the ground has warmed up to plant outside.