Black and White Viola Bundle: 6 Plants
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES6 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot, 3 each of: White Gem and Back to Black Violas
so much depends
a red wheel
glazed with rain
beside the white
and these violas
(Poem by William Carlos Williams, with suggested alternative ending by Plantgem).
Includes 6 young plants: White Gem and Back to Black Violas
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT6-12" when full grown
- SPACING6-9" between plants
- CLIMATECold hardy and heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible
- WATER Prefers even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly sun, or part shade, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms from early spring through early winter. They may stop blooming to preserve energy during the hottest weeks of summer.
Water regularly. Deadhead to encourage more blooms and for a tidier look.
Native North America. Petals are edible and delicious when candied.