Bunny Tail Grass Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING18" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONESelf seeding annual, zones 2-7, perennial zones 8-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES70 seeds
- Botanical NameLagurus ovatus
Bunny Tail Grass is a low growing variety, perfect for the front of a cutting garden. The soft, fluffy blooms are irresistible to kids (and anyone with fingers). The plumes emerge bright chartreuse and age to an ivory buff color. They can be left to dry on the plant for winter interest.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck a cluster of 6 seeds, spaced about 1/2" apart from eachother, 1/4" deep into the soil to make a clump of grass. Water gently and regularly over the next 2 wks.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space seed clusters at least 18" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Summer, into Winter.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. And ask us any questions along the way.
To dry the grass, wait until the pollen sheds, and then leave in a cool dark room.