Crème Caramel Coreopsis
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, or after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial, zones 5-10, annual in other zones)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameCoreopsis verticillata
Crème Caramel Coreopsis is beautiful, but it's also a powerhouse. It's easy to grow from seed, and takes to transplanting easily. It blooms constantly all summer and even through frosts, heavy rain, and drought. Its fluttery bi-color blooms of yellow and rose gold attract all kinds of pollinators. It's as dependable as the sunrise, and a great plant for beginners. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 2ft when full grown
- SPACING 12" between plants
- CLIMATEGrows everywhere
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Spring until late fall.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
When your plant is about 9-12" tall you can pinch off the main growth tip to encourage a bushier plant with more blooms. Petals are edible and can be brewed for tea.