Cupcakes and Saucers Cosmos Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT48" when full grown
- SPACINGPlant seeds 2" apart, thin to 9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, plz.
- ZONESelf seeding annual, zones 2-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES20 seeds
- Botanical NameCosmos bipinnatus
Cupcakes and Saucer Cosmos are such a cool shape, each bloom is like a delicate cupcake wrapper, with a small saucer inside. Whimsical and special, we are loving this new shape.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/4" deep, 2" apart. Water gently & regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and plant seeds 2" apart, thin to 9"
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring
When to Expect Blooms
Sweet, sweet summertime.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Happy in hot, dry, poor soil. Pick blooms regularly to encourage more. And, ask us any questions along the way.
When your plant is about 9-12" tall you can pinch off the main growth tip to encourage a bushier plant with more blooms.