Echo Lavender Lisianthus
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in March, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual in zones 2-7, tender perennial in zones 8-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameEustoma
The Echo Lavender Lisianthus is the most impossibly pretty shade of light purple. Takes extra-care, but worth the effort, there's nothing else like it! Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 3ft when full grown
- SPACING 12" between plants
- CLIMATE Prefers heat and low humidity
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid summer to frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Lisianthus like rich well draining soil, mix in some compost before you plant.