Flamingo Feather Celosia Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACINGPlant seeds 2" apart, thin to 9-18" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual, zones 2-9, Perennial zone 10-11
- INCLUDES50 seeds
- Botanical NameCelosia spicata
Flamingo Feather Celosia is a muted dusty pink that fades to blush as the blossom ages. The perfect addition to an understated garden palate.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/4" deep, 2" apart. Water gently & regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 9"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring
When to Expect Blooms
Summer until frost
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
To dry, simple harvest after the pollen sheds and hang someplace cool and dry.