( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameViola sororia
How sweet are these white little flowers with purple polka dots? Lovely heart-shaped emerald green leaves make their freckles pop. They are not afraid of a little shade, so they are perfect for under trees, bushes and your taller annual plants. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 6" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- CLIMATECold hardy and heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Prefers even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Start indoors late winter. Stick seeds in dirt 1/8" deep and lightly cover, as they need darkness to germinate..
Where to Plant
Part sun to part shade.
When to Plant
Transfer seedlings outdoors 2 weeks before last frost.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms from early spring through early winter.
Water regularly. Will self sow, so be sure to plant where spreading is welcome.
Native to the East Coast of North America.