Gem Pink Antique Viola Seeds
( / )
Don't under-estimate these stout, fluttery little friends. Violas are tough as old boots. Frost tolerant, heat tolerant, super hardy, and can even take a trampling. They are the go-to flower for when its too early or too late in the season for all other outdoor flowers, and we are their biggest fans.
Includes 50 seeds
- HEIGHT6-10" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES50 seeds
- Botanical NameViola cornuta
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic + edible
- CLIMATECold hardy and heat tolerant
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Start indoors late winter. Stick seeds in dirt 1/8" deep and lightly cover, as they need darkness to germinate.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly sun or part shade.
When to Plant
Transfer seedlings outdoors 2 weeks before last frost.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms from early spring through early winter.
Water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Edible petals - and delicious when candied.