Gem White Viola
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in March, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (perennial, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameViola cornuta
These perky little gems look like they have lil kitty whiskers and we want to adopt them all. Pro tip: Pop these pops of bold, bright white in your garden or a mixed container with all your many-colored flowers. Poof! Like magic, every tone and shade is amplified. Seriously. White flowers = Instant glow up. Try it. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 6-8" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- CLIMATECold hardy and heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Prefers even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets part shade, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms from early spring through early summer
Water regularly. Will self sow, so be sure to plant where spreading is welcome.
Native to the East Coast of North America.