( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April
- HEIGHT10" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEAnnual, zones 1-12
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2" diameter pot
- Botanical NameOcimum basilicum minette
The topiary shape of Greek Basil is pretty enough to edge your garden, and tastes like the standard Genovese Basil for use in all sorts of cooking.
- DEER Not deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Likes a bit of shade
- WATER Likes regular water
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers inside or outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your plant in so it is even with the soil. Now give your plant a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, and a long drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
We're here for the foliage.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the leaves regularly, as the young ones are the tastiest. And ask us any questions along the way.
You shouldn't harvest more than 20 percent of the plant at once, or the growth will be stunted and your plant will be sad.