Limelight Millet Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT5ft when full grown
- SPACING9-12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES50 seeds
- Botanical NameSetaria italica
Upright, swaying, lime-green grains on long stems make for a great accompaniment to any bouquet.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- CLIMATEHeat tolerant
- WATER Water regularly
- INDOOR+POTSIn-ground or in large containers outside
How to Plant
Plant 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 weeks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 8-12".
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly sun.
When to Plant
Spring, after last frost, or start inside 6 weeks earlier.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms late summer to frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells.
Plumes can be dried and used in preserved bouquets.