Love in a Mist Delft Blue Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT2ft when full grown
- SPACING12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES50 seeds
- Botanical NameNigella damascena
Love in a Mist Delft Blue has brush strokes of purple-ish blue atop white petals that makes it look like antique glazed pottery.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic + edible
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Stick in the dirt 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 weeks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12".
Where to Plant
Full or part sun.
When to Plant
Early spring, or late fall if winters are mild. Sow directly into garden. Plant every 4 weeks for longer bloom season.
When to Expect Blooms
For about 4 weeks in summer.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers to encourage more blooms.
Nigella leaves and petals are edible with a watercress flavor, and the seeds are widely used as a spice.