Matsumoto White Tipped Blue Aster Seeds
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning the first week of March, or after your last frost date. If you want your plants earlier, (because you’re a risk-taker or have a greenhouse, for example), just email us and we’re happy to accommodate
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameCallistephus chinensis
The Matsumoto White Tipped Blue Aster is a rare and delightful joyful little pop of blue-purple with a bright yellow center. So refreshing in late summer and autumn against rich green foliage. Brisk!
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic + edible
- CLIMATE Likes cool temperatures to bloom
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Stick in the dirt 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 weeks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 8-12".
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly sun, and plant seeds 2" apart. If you have hot summers, plant where it will get afternoon shade.
When to Plant
Late spring, when the soil is warm, or start inside 6 weeks earlier.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms late summer until frost
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly to encourage more blooms.
Asters are sensitive to frost, wait until the ground has warmed up to plant outside.