Mini Corsican Mint
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual in zones 2-6, tender perennial in zones 7-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical Name Mentha requienii
Mini Mint is great at trailing out of pots, spreading across the ground in the shade, filling in between stepping stones, and completing crossword puzzles in under an hour. It's also good at mojitos. So enjoy how cute it is and how great it tastes and smells. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full shade, or part sun
- SPACING12" between plants
- CLIMATE Prefers mild, consistent temperatures and humidity
- DEER Somewhat deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, but not tasty
- WATER Requires even moisture
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers inside and outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly shade, in well draining soil. We recommend planting in 12" pots or shady window boxes.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
We're here for the foliage. Tiny purple flowers might pop up in the summer.
In colder regions, it will die back but return in the spring. Evergreen in warmer regions.