Moonstone China Aster Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT24" when full grown
- SPACING2" between seeds, thin to 9-12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONESelf seeding annual, zones 2-11
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES30 seeds
- Botanical NameCallistephus chinensis
The Moonstone China Aster is an ephemeral silvery lilac color that is so sophisticated. We love the dusty bluish tone combined with the structured shape of these flowers, it's like a 90's prom dress.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Likes cool temperatures to bloom, give it some shade if you get hot Summers
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and plant seeds 2" apart
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-Summer through frost
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
Asters are sensitive to frost, wait until the ground has warmed up to plant outside.