Purple Pollinator Seed Bundle
( / )
- HEIGHT1-10ft when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES6 tubes of seeds: Moonstone Aster, Purple Emperor Nasturtium, Misty Lavender Larkspur, Potomac Lavender Snapdragon, Freckles Viola, Ruby Moon Hyacinth Bean
The most extraordinary bee sanctuary ever to be planted. Bees love the color purple, as do we, and this display is going to delight all parties to no end. The Violas have purple freckles, for crying out loud. This garden is special.
Specific planting instructions are on each individual seed tube, but basic instructions are below.
- DEERNot deer resistant
- KIDS+PETSHyacinth Beans are Toxic
- CLIMATELikes warm summers
- WATERWater regularly
- INDOOR+POTSCan be grown in a container outdoors with support
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space seeds 2" apart, thin plants to about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Mid-summer through frost.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.