Scabiosa Black Knight Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT2-3ft when full grown
- SPACING9-12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual in zones 2-6, tender perennial in zones 7-11)
- INCLUDES25 seeds
- Botanical NameScabiosa atropurpurea
The rich burgundy color of Black Knight Scabiosa is so dark it's almost black, topped with lilac sprinkles. You can also boil the blooms for about 10 minutes to make an easy dye for your dainties.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Sprinkle into the dirt 1/8" deep or less, as they need light to germinate. Space 2" apart. Water gently & regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 weeks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12".
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun.
When to Plant
Spring, after last frost, or start inside 6 weeks earlier.
When to Expect Blooms
Blooms all summer
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers to encourage more blooms.
Annual in most zones; tender perennial in warmer and coastal regions.