Scabiosa Cherry Vanilla Scoop
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in April, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual in zones 2-6, tender perennial in zones 7-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameScabiosa atropurpurea
New to the Floriculture universe, Scabiosa Cherry Vanilla Scoop is like its Black Knight Scabiosa cousin, but with an extra helping of lilac sprinkles. The rich black-burgundy colored petals transition sharply to pale purple-white frills and the effect is so incredibly rad. The new look of boho bridal? Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 3ft when full grown
- SPACING 9" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Annual in most zones; tender perennial in warmer and coastal regions.