Statice Suworowii Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT2 ft when full grown
- SPACING 9-12" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES50 seeds
- Botanical NamePsylliostachys suworowii
Statice Suworowii will make you smile, with it's wandering purple plumes. A favorite of kids (soft, perfect wands!) and has a modern sculptural look that pairs well with Love in a Mist.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Stick in the dirt 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 weeks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12".
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets mostly sun, but some shade is okay.
When to Plant
Late spring, when the soil is warm, or start inside 6 weeks earlier.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers to encourage more blooms.
Plumes can be dried for all-season color.