Craspedia Sun Ball
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in March, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual in zones 2-7, tender perennial in zones 8-11)
- INCLUDES3 plants, each in a 2.5" diameter pot
- Botanical NameCraspedia globosa
These cheery yellow lollipop flowers are a must for the cut flower garden. Insanely long vase life, hold their color when dried, easy to harvest on stiff stems, with grass like rosettes of minty green foliage. Includes 3 young plants.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 30" when full grown
- SPACING 9" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat tolerant
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick blooms to encourage more.
Tall blooms may require support.