Sunny Planter Kit: 9 Plants
( / )
- SHIPSBeginning in March, after your last frost date
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES9 plants in 2.5" pots, 3 each of Moonstone China Aster, Ptilotus Joey Improved, and Kirigami Oregano
Got a pot in a sunny spot and don't know what to stick in it? Are those morning sun window boxes looking a bit sparse? Don't you worry, friend. We've got you. Moonstone China Aster, Ptilotus Joey Improved, and Kirigami Oregano are here to the rescue.
- SUN Full sun, or part shade
- HEIGHT 1-2ft when full grown
- SPACING 6-9" between plants
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTSIn ground or outdoors in pots
How to Plant
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Fill a little bit of the loose dirt back into the hole and tuck your plant in so the base of the stem is even with the top of the hole. Now fill in the rest of the soil around the roots, give the soft ground around the base of your new plant friend a few solid pats to compress the soil onto the roots, and a long, gentle drink of water.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, in well draining soil.
When to Plant
Avoid the heat of the day when planting — plant in the early morning, late afternoon, or by the light of the moon. Plant outside after your average last frost in the spring.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
We recommend 12-18" pots or bigger for this kit.