Thai Silk Apricot Chiffon California Poppy Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT16" when full grown
- SPACING 2" between seeds, thin to 9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, plz.
- ZONEAnnual, zones 2-11, Perennial in zones 8-10
- SHIPPINGFlat rate $10 shipping on all orders
- INCLUDES50 seeds
- Botanical NameEschscholzia californica
- Common NameGolden poppy
Thai Silk Apricot Chiffon California Poppy is a stunning complex color, is a nod to the classic bright orange California Poppy but is fringed with a rosy edge that gives is an ombre look.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Toxic
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Heat loving
- WATER Drought tolerant
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside.
How to Plant
Tuck seeds 1/8" deep, 2" apart. Water gently and regularly as seedlings emerge over the next 2 wks. Once babies are 2” tall, pluck so there's just one per 12"
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets a decent amount of sun, and space plants about 9" apart.
When to Plant
Plant outside after your average last frost in the Spring.
When to Expect Blooms
Sweet, sweet Summertime.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers regularly (Bring the flowers in! Make bouquets! Have fun!) to encourage more blooms. And ask us any questions along the way.
A favorite of pollinators. You can prolong the vase life by searing the cut end of the stem for a few seconds with fire or boiling water.