Tip Top Alaska Salmon Nasturtium Seeds
( / )
- HEIGHT8" when full grown
- SPACING9" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun, or part-shade
- ZONEGrows everywhere in the USA (annual, zones 2-11)
- INCLUDES25 seeds
- Botanical NameTopaeolum majus
Tip Top Alaska Salmon Nasturtium forms a low-growing mound just 8" tall, covered with blossoms. The peppery, edible blossoms of the Alaska Salmon variety are a delicate salmon color, with red streaks around the tongue. The variegated lobe shaped foliage is a stand-out as well.
- DEER Deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible
- CLIMATE Likes some shade in hot zones
- WATER Water regularly
- INDOOR+POTSGrows well in containers outside or indoors
How to Plant
Soak seeds overnight, then plant 1/2" deep, spaced 8" apart. Water regularly.
Where to Plant
Full sun or part shade.
When to Plant
Late spring, when the soil is warm, or start inside 6 weeks earlier.
When to Expect Blooms
All summer long.
Water regularly until they get established, and then give them extra water during dry spells. Pick the flowers to encourage more blooms.
Semi-trailing, great for hanging baskets.