Tulip Copper Image Bulbs
( / )
- HEIGHT24-36" when full grown
- SPACING24" between plants
- LIGHTFull sun to part shade
- ZONEPerennial zones 2-8
- INCLUDES1 large 3-5 eye bare root, planting instructions, and a wooden plant marker
- Botanical NamePaeonia
12 Bulbs: Copper Image Tulips are a many-petaled variety that make them look almost like a peony. The color nearly glows, their dusty apricot salmon hue is a rare prize in the garden.
- DEER Not deer resistant
- KIDS+PETS Non-toxic, edible petals
- DIFFICULTY Super easy to grow
- CLIMATE Needs freezing Winter temps to grow
- WATER Only needs supplemental water in very dry conditions
- INDOOR+POTS Grows well in containers outside
How to Plant
Dig a hole and tuck your bulb in, pointy side up, about 6" deep. Now give your bulb a good wish, a few solid pats to compress the soil around it, a long drink of water, and wait for Spring.
Where to Plant
Find a place that gets at least partial sun, and space bulbs about 3" apart.
When to Plant
Plant in the Fall, anytime before the ground freezes for the last time.
When to Expect Blooms
There's really no care involved. Enjoy the blooms? Pick some bouquets?
Wait for the foliage to wilt and turn yellow before clipping it back, so that the bulb can preserve energy for the next year's blooms.